Friday, August 24, 2012

Adventures at Sea!

I have recently been asked to run a night of our weekly d&d session by some of the other gm's in an attempt to take the burden off them from the weekly grind. Originally it was planning on running an adventure in the realm of the sky giants, an area locked in a bitter battle between the lords of the sky and the sky elves.  The elves being unique in the aspect that they have learned to harness the elements, including elementals themselves for their sky-ships, to fight their battles and reign supreme in the sky. This was the atmosphere I was originally working on, until my fellow gamers saw me get all excited about Shark Week while eating at a restaurant during Gen Con and decided I should have the watery world below the waves as my personal domain. I have been working loosely on these ideas, as I have been very busy with my personal life recently, but I broke the areas I am working on into a couple sub-groups, complete with different encounters, tentative characters, and themes: the coast, the reef, mouth of the large river, the sunken city, floating above the waves (ships and such), sea caves, the dark sea, floating city, islands, and some other miscellaneous ideas.  I will follow this with other little posts about the beasts, climate, and ideas behind each as I flesh them out more myself. Until them, anchors away!

No comments:

Post a Comment